Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back in Japan!

Wow, it's been way too long since I've written here.  I have had to adjust my priorities, as I now have 2 small boys, but I'm hoping to re-focus here on the blog in the coming months.  For now, updates!

What have I been up to?

After 2 years in Chengdu, China, where I taught taiko to a small group of educators (interview with the group coming soon), I am now back in Japan.  This is my first time living in a big city in Japan, but the adjustment has been easy.  While the big city has lots to offer, I'm hopeful that I can discover a nearby community taiko group here soon and eventually take lessons at Hibikus.  I've been here a week but plan to get on this asap.

What's coming up?

I have a seriously unique and amazing taiko experience opportunity brewing.  I'm still figuring out the details, but if you're looking for a short one-of-a-kind Japan experience, please stay tuned.  I'll release general information in September, but dates are tentatively scheduled for 2018.


The Blog

I have a few body awareness videos coming up as I await the arrival of my drums and bachi!

Back next Friday with video/exercise #1.  Great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment