Saturday, November 28, 2009

Heritage Works Taiko Workshops

Last week I had the opportunity to work with an amazing non-profit in Detroit, Michigan. Located in the state with the highest unemployment rate (15%) in the United States, Heritage Works provides opportunities for youth to learn about other cultures through performing arts. I was invited to provide a series of workshops for the group through an artist residency.

I just wanted to share a few photos and videos from the time I had with them. The kids were so focused, we learned a whole version of Matsuri Taiko, plus choreography! Nice work, Heritage Works kids!


Heritage Works shows me their stuff:





Practicing taiko:



Putting it all together:





A few photos:



Find more photos like this on Heritage Works

No comments:

Post a Comment