Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Joint Practice with Iki Daiko

I just returned from 2 days in the mountains outside the city of Kyoto. My teacher, Ryo Shimamoto, was invited to teach a class for a group there called Iki Daiko. So, the whole Shippu Uchi Daiko group went up and we had a joint practice. Iki Daiko is a newer group, started just a couple of years ago. It was fun to meet some other players in Japan, and I look forward to when they come down to Wakayama for another joint practice in the spring time.

I didn't have my camera during the practice, but here are a few from the party afterwards, including all of their family members. Enjoy the enkai photos!


Ryo Sensei hiding behind Itsuka.





Haruka, one of Shippu's main players.


Ishibashi-san and me.


Nana and Haruka--they're sisters.



Haruka and Tayeko-san.


Nabe--yummy!


Masako-san, Ishibashi-san, and Hayashi-san



We stayed at the YMCA in the cabin to the right.



Shippu is Happiness!


A quick view of Japanese hot pot.





The inevitable enkai singing... except my camera had no sound. Use your imagination!

Catch you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment